page contents

Gunnison Valley Police Department

Gunnison Valley Police Department

The official website for the Gunnison Valley Police Department.

Frequently Asked Questions

For non-emergency reports please call (435) 835-2345 and speak with the dispatch center.   If you have an EMERGENCY please call 9-1-1. The Centerfield Police Department can be contacted at (435) 528-5511.  



Question: Where is the police station and what are your office hours?
 Our contact information, along with our address, and a map, can be found here.  Our office is open from 8 am - 4 pm, Monday - Friday.  We are closed on Saturday, Sunday, and most major holidays.

Report a Crime

Question: How do I report a non-emergency situation? 
 For non-emergency reports please call (435) 835-2345 and speak with the Sanpete County dispatch center. This keeps the 9-1-1 lines open for emergencies.  If your complaint is not time sensitive, you may file a complaint online here or call our office during business hours 435-528-5511.

Question: Can I make an anonymous complaint or give an anonymous tip to the police?
 Yes, there are several options to provide non-emergency information such as drug activity, or to provide tips for us to follow up on, please call (435) 528-5511, use our Contact Form, or Submit a Complaint.   Please be specific as possible by providing dates, times, and locations if this information is available to you.

Question: How do the police decide which calls to respond to first?
Answer: The dispatcher and police officer make the decision based on available information and their experience. Calls are given a priority code ranging from 1 to 9. An example of a priority 1 call would be a call where there are injuries, death, or a significant threat of injuries requiring immediate police response. An example of a priority 9 call would be a citizen who just needs to ask a police officer a question. Many times calls require two or more police officers and there may be several of these types of incidents occurring at one time. Please be patient and if the situation changes, you can call us back and give us any new information. Just like the emergency room at the hospital, calls are prioritized and are not always handled in the order they were received. 

Police Reports

Question: How do I find out the status/disposition of my police report?
Answer: If you would like information about the status or outcome of a police report that you made, call 435-528-5511. Using your case number the officer provided. We will look for any information available and either tell immediately or call you back after we research your case. You may then call the investigator to discuss your case.

Question: Can I get a copy of an accident report?
 If you wish to obtain a copy of a traffic accident report, you must be an involved party, family member, or an insurance agent for an involved party. Please give us 5 to 10 days following the accident before requesting a copy.   There is a $10 service fee for any printed report.  Additionally, many traffic reports can be requested online at

Question: Can I get a copy of a crime report?
 If you wish to obtain a copy of a crime report, you must submit an in-person request to the police department. Each request will be processed to ensure compliance with the GRAMA privacy act, which restricts the types of information that may be released. Most requests can be processed within 5 days.  There is a $10 service fee for any initial  report.  Additional pages including witness statements, and follow-up reports have a fee of $1 per page.  Requesting an audio/video cassette, CD, VCD, or DVD, carries a $30 fee.  There is no fee for police reports involving domestic violence, for victim parties, in accordance with Utah state law.


Question: Can I get my fingerprints taken at the police department?
Answer: You may.  Please contact the Centerfield Police Department at (435) 528-5511 to set an appointment.  There is a fee of $11 per fingerprint card.

Question: How do I license my dog?
 Take your proof of a current rabies vaccination to the Centerfield City Hall, located at 130 S. Main St. They will license your pet for a fee. You can also visit the Animal Control page on this site for more information. 

Question: How do I get a Protective Order?
 This varies according to your situation. You can go to the Utah Stat Courts for all the information about how to obtain a Order of Protection. Restraining Orders referred to as Stalking Injunctions are a different matter and at time used synonymously with a Protective Order. But they a two entirely different orders issued by the courts. 
In Utah, restraining orders come in two forms: protective orders and stalking injunctions. When a victim of domestic violence or stalking receives a protective order, it is enforceable throughout the state of Utah. Utah also recognizes protective orders issued in other states. Individuals may also file a protective order on behalf of a minor child who has been abused or threatened with violence.

Question:  I have questions or concerns about a police officer’s actions.  Is there someone I can call to discuss the matter?
 These matters can usually be resolved by speaking to the officer’s supervisor. Please call  (435) 528-5511, and ask to speak with the officer’s supervisor. If you don’t know the officer’s name, you can tell us the date, time and location of the incident, and we can help you get in touch with the supervisor. If you are not satisfied with the result, you can come to the police station and complete a formal, written and signed statement.

Question: How do I obtain a bicycle registration?
Answer: Bicycle registrations can be obtained by filling out a form at the police department. Please bring the bicycle to the main lobby of the police station in order for us to verify the serial number. Or follow the link on the right.

38 West Center Street, Gunnison, Utah 84634 - (435) 528-5532 -